Annual General Meeting
Tuesday 15 September, from 7pm-9pm.
We're pleased to announce the date of Oxford Pride's 2020 Annual General Meeting (AGM), which will take place on Tuesday 15 September, from 7-9pm. The AGM is your opportunity to give your feedback and have your say in the organisation of Oxford Pride, and it's open to anyone aged 16 or over! Please read the following steps if you wish to attend.
- 1) The AGM will be conducted remotely via Zoom, owing to a lack of available venues in which the necessary social distancing measures could be safely enforced. We hope this will enable even more people to attend! Attendance at the AGM is open to members and non-members of Oxford Pride alike. Therefore, please choose one of the following options:
- a) Members - If you wish to become a member of Oxford Pride for 2021, and be able to vote on motions and appointments to Committee vacancies at the AGM, then please complete our membership form here: https://tinyurl.com/OxfordPrideMembership
If you wish to partake in the AGM you need to complete this by the deadline of 5pm on Tuesday 15 September, and the Zoom link will be emailed directly to you.
- b) Non-members - If you do not wish to become a member of Oxford Pride for 2021, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org to request the Zoom link by the deadline of 5pm on Tuesday 15 September. You will not be able to vote, but you can attend the meeting.
- If you do not complete either of these steps by this deadline, you will unfortunately not be permitted entry into the Zoom meeting. Please ensure your username on Zoom is clearly set to your first and last name, so we can check your identity. This is a necessary step we are taking to mitigate against security risks.
- 2) You may wish to stand for one of the vacant Committee positions which will be elected at the AGM, to get more involved in the organisation of Pride - we'd love to welcome you to the team! Please note that members need to be 18+ to run for these positions, owing to restrictions on some Pride venues. The job descriptions of all roles are available on our website here: oxfordpride.uk/jointheteam.php.
For all Officer positions, applications can be made verbally at the AGM. However, if you wish to express your interest in a role in advance, or ask any questions about it, then please email email@example.com by 5pm on Monday 14 September.
For all positions except non-Executive Director, you will need to sign up for membership of Oxford Pride using the link in Point 1.
- 3) Lastly, all proposed motions for changes to the Oxford Pride PORs (Policy, Organisation and Rules) are also to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on Tuesday 8 September. Motions must be proposed by one member and seconded by another at the AGM before being voted upon by all members.
We hope you can (virtually) save the date, and we can't wait to see you there!